About Tyler Shandro

About Tyler Shandro

Tyler Shandro, MLA, and our Minister of (Private) Health, is not fit for political office of any kind. Tyler grew up in a rich and entitled family as the son of a wealthy doctor. He went to law school and became a mediocre lawyer at best until he got close to Jason Kenney. Since his reign of terror in 2019, he has wreaked havoc and chaos on union members, health care workers, patients, doctors, and nurses - even yelling at a doctor who dared criticize him - at the doctor's own house.

Shandro has defied Alberta mayors, fired hard-working union members, and privatized services. 98% of doctors want him fired. (Were the other 2% his family?) Shandro and his wife Andrea even own a private health care company in Calgary – Vital Partners – https://www.vitalpartnersinc.com/about-us.

We need to protect Canada’s public health care system. Since the days of Tommy Douglas (the founder of the CCF/NDP), Canada has been the envy of the world in stopping two tier medicare that benefits only the rich.

Shandro’s actions have even triggered province-wide strikes by labour unions.

It’s time to stop Tyler Shandro and his agenda of corruption and private health care dead in its tracks. Let’s protect our public health care system for all, and not just the entitled rich people who would benefit from an American-style health care system that Shandro and his wife Andrea support.

Join us to #turftyler.


Many calls for Shandro’s resignation

Edmonton Journal editorial board calls for Shando’s resignation – https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-time-for-a-new-health-minister

Alberta Party calls for Shandro to be fired – https://www.albertaparty.ca/5_reasons_tyler_shandro_should_be_fired

Over 13,000 Albertans sign a petition for Shandro to be fired – https://www.change.org/p/alberta-government-we-need-to-remove-alberta-health-minister-tyler-shandro

NDP calls for Shandro’s resignation – https://dailyhive.com/calgary/notley-comment-tyler-shandro

Media calls for Shandro to be fired – https://www.sprawlcalgary.com/shandro-fiasco

Rude to long time Calgary city councillor: https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/shandro-confrontational-in-call-about-citys-911-dispatch-concerns-councillor-says

83% of Albertans polled unhappy with Shandro – https://www.mountainviewtoday.ca/polls/are-you-satisfied-with-the-performance-of-alberta-health-minister-tyler-shandro-during-the-provinces-dispute-with-doctors-over-a-new-pay-model-16079


Lies & Deceit

Accused of lying about how many doctors plan to leave Alberta because of his cuts – https://globalnews.ca/news/7373120/rural-alberta-doctors-shandro-ndp-documents/

More calls for Shandro to be fired – https://pressprogress.ca/4-reasons-why-everybody-in-alberta-seems-to-be-mad-at-jason-kenneys-health-minister-right-now/

Even conservative columnist Licia Corbella wants Shandro fired – https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/corbella-shandro-should-resign-or-be-fired-despite-covid-19


Fires Health Care Workers

Fires 11,000 union-backed health care workers – https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-health-services-job-cuts-tyler-shandro-1.5760155

Fires health care laundry workers – https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/laundry-service-lay-off-ahs-1.5775232


Centralizes EMS Dispatch Services

Defied Alberta mayors in centralizing EMS services – https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tyler-shandro-proceeding-with-ems-consolidation-despite-pushback-from-mayors-1.5765466


No Respect for or from doctors or nurses

Shandro berates Calgary doctor – at his househttps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-minister-tyler-shandro-behaviour-vital-partners-1.5511288

Shandro trigegers province-wide strike from health care workers – https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2020/10/26/no-other-option-alberta-hospital-workers-strike-to-protest-health-care-cuts-during-covid-19.html

Doctor fears for his safety after confrontation with Shandro – https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/zaidi-shandro-safety-1.5515564

Suggests doctors are greedy – https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alta-health-minister-says-doctor-concerns-about-money-not-patient-care-1.5098862

More about Shandro's plans for private health care